Friday, July 18, 2014

Canvas project with Gena

Hi there! It's Gena and I wanted to share a canvas I made for my daughter.


I was so happy with how this turned out!

I used a burlap canvas and edged it with some ribbon from The Crafty Scrapper. The round ring in the center is a 6" floral ring (we will have some for sale) wrapped in the Maya Road Crafting Jute Twine. Let me tell you, that twine will last a long time! I have been using in it classes and so may projects and still have a ton left on the spool... it's a great buy! I then inked the edges.


It has taken some time and practice but I feel my layering has really come a long way.  I started with the Maya Road Buttermilk Tulle Flower and in the center a Maya Road Embellishment. From there I added the Prima Flowers Seashore Collection and large shells and then continued to add the small shells to fill in.



One other thing I do is lay it all out and then after I am happy with how it looks... gently lift and glue the items in place. I have tried taking a picture but it never seems to come out the same way.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Be sure to check out our events page for all the latest classes.


1 comment:

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

Wow Gena! I really love this! I really like the ribbon that you used around the canvas! Perfect!
Thanks for sharing!!