Friday, July 11, 2014

Zentangle Layout with Melissa

Hey Melissa here with yet another fun layout -- well at least I thought it was fun -HA!

When I opened the kit and found the Crate Paper 'Boys Rule' set, I must have been in some sort of obstinate mood.   First thought was, 'no they don't'   and then 'I really do not want to go find pictures from 10 years ago to fit the paper'.     So out of the box I go!   Surprise!




Zentangle is all the rage right now and I have a wonderful set of images with the dresses zentangled from Hidden Vintage Studio at Deviant Scrap.... and this sweet little girl was screaming to be used - how could I refuse!

I started with the most solid sheet I had and grabbed the Tim Holtz Bubble stencil and Dina Wakely's most fab glorious paint (Turquoise and Lime).   Dina's new big ole paint brush is GREAT to use for stenciling (make sure it is a dry brush).   Then used Festive Berries Distress paint with the Crafter's Workshop text stencil.  



The swirls are some set of stamps that are 100 years old, but I am sure you have swirls in your stash if you wish to do something similar.  Then added some sequins and silver stars to finish off the 'scattered' look.   The edges of each of the papers have turquoise pan pastels around the edges to tie all the papers together. 



Last bit was the Tim Holtz rosette die cut (really do not think you can EVER have too many die cuts) and the scallop boarder.   The paper line has a multi color stripe page and I just free hand cut the border and added doodles to kick up the fun factor!




Hope you enjoy the page!   Let me know whatcha think
Melissa

No comments: